got a new fav
I just stumbled across her music this morning. Y’akoto is an African-German singer born in Hamburg, Germany in 1988, whose popularity in Germany has grown in the past two years. I like the sound (reminds me of Amy Winehouse, Tracy Chapman, and Neneh Cherry), and the fashion in the videos is … well see for yourself.
- Title: “Diamonds”
- By: Y’akoto.
- Artistic Management: Kamè Entertainment GmbH.
- Album: Y’akoto, Babyblues.
- Published: 30 Mar 2012.
- Under Exclusive License To: Harder Entertainment GmbH – Warner Music Group Germany Holding GmbH.
- Producers: Max Herre, Samon Kawamura & Roberto di Gioia.
Y’akoto (born Jennifer Yaa Akoto Kieck; 1988 in Hamburg, German) is a German Ghanaan singer. Y’akoto was born in Hamburg, Germany and grew up in Ghana. Part of her childhood was also spent in Cameroon, Togo, and Chad. She currently lives in Hamburg, Lomé and Paris.
[ … ]
She began her dance therapist training at the age of 18, during which she played in a band after classes and training.
[ … ]
After publishing an EP in 2011, her debut album, the soul album, “Babyblues” appeared in 2012 on Warner Music International. Max Herre, Samon Kawamura and Roberto di Gioia were hired as producers. *
* “Y’akoto”. In: Wikipedia. http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y%E2%80%99akoto [translation by the author of this blog] (last viewed 14 Aug 2014).